Wednesday 23 October 2013

Kill the start button in your windows 8.1




Start button is back, yeah! How about........No. People kept complaining about the Windows button is gone, to me it's the best thing ever. I used Windows XP and 7 and I hate it all the time, it's just useless to me, I barely touched that button, all I do with it was Start->cmd. That's it, and this thing occupied an icon space in my task bar, what a waste of space.

When Windows 8 deleted the button for Windows 8, it's such a good news to me. But people started to complain it's disappearance and in Windows 8.1, it's back.....again. Seems like I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Windows 8.1 start button. Because people finally get used to it's disappearance or because the button was even useless than the one before with a terrible look.


Lots of people complain about it's limits. All you can do with this new one is the list in this picture. No access to recent programs or direct search or links to folders.

So, why waste a space in the task bar to put a ugly and useless button there. Let's kill it. =]

Here's how you do it.
Step 1: Click HERE to download StartIsGone
Step 2: Run the x86 ver if you have a 32bit Windows 8.1 or x64 ver if you have a 64bit Windows 8.1
Step 3: Run it at start up
Step 4: Enjoy Windows 8.1 without the Start button every time you boot your computer

Source:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/
http://winaero.com/

4 comments:

  1. I don't use windows but I think the start button is quite useless too since it doesn't even contain all the programs. Why would they bring it back? All you can do with it is basically shut down your computers. I also think the desktop looks so much prettier without the window button. At least, if you don't want the button, there's a way to make it disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this information. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how one small little detail can spark literally a civil war between Windows users. However, it really does come down to the individual users. Many people, especially with touchscreen all in ones were complaining about the lack of a start button because the allocated space in the original Windows 8 was too small to touch with a finger. Some users like having all their applications on the task-bar. Some people value aesthetics and don't like a cluttered task bar so they opt to use the start menu often. I personally use the start menu a lot, it's like the app drawer on Android or Windows Phone. But again, it varies from person to person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The start button is great, and windows 8.1 is going to be great as well. I've been using a makeshift start button for a while but I can't wait to update and get real one. MetroUI is still a problem but thats just something one has to get used to. Gonna update whenever i remember (in like 3 months).

    ReplyDelete